Coach Driver / Bus Driver

Company Name:
First Student

(Bus) Drivers Needed
Full Time and Part Time Positions Available
Purpose: Provides safe, reliable, and efficient transportation, and maintains the appearance of the interior of the bus.
Major Responsibilities:
1) Drives one of several different coach / buses or company non-revenue
in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule.
2) Maintains a strong attendance record._ _
3) Performs pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required.
4) Possess a functional knowledge of the demographics of the service area._ _
5) Stops at designated points to load and/or unload passengers.
6) May assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and is required to properly secure wheelchairs and scooters.
7) Notifies dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble.
8) Assures that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispenses information. Advises passengers of rules and regulations when necessary._ _
9) Completes and submits written reports concerning passengers and all accidents.
10) Operates on-board
fare boxes and destination signs.
11) Assumes any and all other duties assigned.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
High school diploma or equivalent
Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL Operator's license with required endorsements
Experience & Skills Required:
Good verbal communication skills.
Ability to read, write, and speak English and perform basic mathematical procedures.
Ability to work under stress and meet strict timelines.
The ability to work early morning hours.
Must be able to work without direct supervision.
Must read and understand street signs, route sheets and maps.
Excellent communication skills
Able to work shift hours and days assigned.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions :
Ability to verbally communicate with passengers and dispatchers/road supervisors including use of a 2-way radio and PA system.
Possess excellent or corrected vision to allow operator to have the ability to read and comprehend written material. Must have good depth perception, peripheral vision, distance vision, and color perception as is required to drive a motorized vehicle.
Possess a full range of sense of hearing, including tone, pitch, and volume when operating transit vehicle, using 2-way radio, and assisting passengers and public.
Must have good manual dexterity in order to perform the basic functions of the MDT keypad. Required to reach, grasp, and use multiple objects which include but are not limited to: a 2-way radio, door control, PA microphone, steering wheel, wheelchair lift control, and bus door control.
Required to sit while operating vehicle approximately 75% of the work day. The remaining 25% of the day will require the operator to move both in the internal and exterior perimeters of the bus, including a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle by walking around and through the vehicle.
Ability to push/pull tension of at least 50 pounds and ability to bend and stoop/kneel to assist passengers boarding and securing in wheelchair/scooters and/or to retrieve equipment. Twist at the knee and waist when operating vehicle, performing vehicle inspections, and securing wheelchairs. Reach forward, rearward, upward, and downward when operating vehicle, performing vehicle inspections, and securing wheelchairs.
Subject to wet, cold, and/or hot environmental conditions.
Subject to a low risk of injury due to vehicle accident, mechanical failure, fire, and/or explosion.
Subject to vehicle noise and vibration while operating transit vehicle.
Subject to vehicle exhaust fumes and odors, road dusts, and mist.
First Transit 600 Sutro Street
Reno, NV 89512
Click on Apply Now to submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: NV - Reno
Job Type: Transportation
Base Pay:
Required Education: High School
Required Experience: Not Specified
Required Travel: Not Specified

Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Industry Transportation
Job ID: FT Reno NV

Don't Be Fooled

The fraudster will send a check to the victim who has accepted a job. The check can be for multiple reasons such as signing bonus, supplies, etc. The victim will be instructed to deposit the check and use the money for any of these reasons and then instructed to send the remaining funds to the fraudster. The check will bounce and the victim is left responsible.

More Jobs

Become A Class A Driver. - New Washoe City
Carson City, NV Roehl GYCDL
Become A Class A Driver. - Nellis Air Force Base
Nellis Afb, NV Roehl GYCDL
Become A Class A Driver. - Schurz
Schurz, NV Roehl GYCDL
CDL-A Line Haul Truck Driver Job - New Washoe ...
Carson City, NV SAIA
Become A Class A Driver. - Gardnerville
Gardnerville, NV Roehl GYCDL
Transportation Driver
Las Vegas, NV Penn National Gaming